Independence, with support
We have newly remodeled apartments in our Assisted Living community, with openings available immediately. Contact us to schedule a tour.
Assisted Living at AdamsPlace is about finding a comfortable level of care to help residents feel at home. Working with you, your family and your physician, we’ll create a personalized plan to serve, and evolve with, individual health needs and preferences.
Thoughtfully designed private living spaces, inviting community areas and daily activity schedules contribute to the feeling of home by providing a positive structure for life here. Talk news with friends. Enjoy a coffee break in the soda shop. Take a walk through the courtyard – today is a beautiful day! Click here to view a comprehensive list of our assisted living amenities.
Licensed medical supervision is on-site 24/7. Assisted Living residents also benefit from priority placement in The Health Center, on the same campus if the need arises.
The needs of residents with memory loss are unique, and addressing those needs takes a
special community and a special kind of care. Learn more about our Memory Care Center
and the special programs we have there like Music & Memory, which can be remarkably beneficial for those with cognitive and physical challenges.
In addition, we offer a distinctive program for residents who will be transitioning home and only need to stay for a few days or weeks. Learn more about our BridgeHome program here.
- Emergency Response System
- 24-hour licensed nursing supervision
- Individual thermostat
- Kitchenette with refrigerator
- Walk-in shower
- Complimentary wireless internet service
- Cable TV available
- All utilities including telephone (long distance not included)
- Fine dining directed by our professional chef
- Private dining rooms for special occasions
- Soda Shop
- TV room
- Salon/Barber shop
- Automatic front doors
- Beautifully landscaped and enclosed courtyard with gazebo
- Social, recreational, educational, and spiritual activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Scheduled transportation to doctor appointments
- Planned outings, shopping, and other events
- Wheelchair accessible bus
- Choice of two sunrooms for leisure activities
- State-of-the-art fire safety system with central alarm and complete sprinkler system
- 24-hour security service and a medical alert system
- Priority placement in The Health Center, if needed
- Respite Care
SERVICES | PERSONAL
- Individualized care plan tailored to meet resident needs
- 24-hour licensed nursing and supervision
- Registered Nurse on staff
- Daily resident safety checks
- Emergency pendants available
- Podiatry services
- Nutrition supervision
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting assistance available
- Health and wellness assessments
- Medication counseling
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Therapy Gym
- Supervision of medications by a licensed nurse
- Administration of medications by a licensed nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Vision and Hearing Services
- Escort service to meals/activities
- Assistance with manageable incontinence available
- Electronic Medication Administration
- Priority placement for campus rehab or long-term care
What is assisted living? Assisted living is a concept designed to help an aging population live as independently as possible for as long as possible, while provided limited assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, laundry, housekeeping and medication administration.
Who lives in assisted living? Most Assisted living residents are seniors over the age of 65 who find maintaining a home, cooking meals and cleaning have become too much to manage on their own.
What is the difference between residential living and assisted living? Residential Living does not have a medical component. Seniors “do their own thing”, although the front desk is staffed 24 hours a day in the event of an emergency. Residential Living provides one meal a day and residents have a fully equipped kitchen.
Assisted living has nursing care available at all times, and residents receive three meals a day (as well as snacks) and have a kitchenette without a stove.
What size apartments do you have? Assisted living has six different floor plans ranging from 195 to 512 square feet. Most of these are studio-type apartments, but we do have three floor plans featuring a bedroom and living room combination.
What about security? The building is locked at night, and the secured entrance is accessible to family members needing entrance.
What type of care do residents receive? Residents receive varying degrees of care depending on their individual needs. Prospective residents are assessed to determine the level of care they will need prior to their arrival; they are assessed periodically thereafter to determine whether that care needs to be adjusted.
Can I bring my car? Residents who are still driving are welcome to bring their vehicles.
What is the difference between assisted living and HealthCare? Nursing care is designed to care for people who need 24-hour care and can no longer manager their own daily living activities to any degree. Assisted living is designed for people needing assistance with a few daily living activities; when they are no longer able to do this on their own, they would be a candidate for nursing care.