Privacy, with community comforts
Residential Living at AdamsPlace means enjoying a new way of independent living. With our restaurant-style dining room and other on-site community activity areas, this three-story building presents an elegant and welcoming environment for you to live and for your friends to visit, with 89 beautiful, spacious and well-appointed living spaces for active singles and couples 55 and older.
Of course, where you live is about much more than your actual living space – life here enables you to take advantage of the many community options accessible just outside your front door. Visit our exercise classes. Swim in the saltwater pool. Take a walk. Join in a game of billiards. Pamper yourself in our salon. The possibilities are endless to live as you see fit – all without any home maintenance worries. Click here to view a list of amenities.
For your added peace of mind, as a Residential Living owner, you also have priority placement in Assisted Living or The Health Center on the same campus if the need arises.
Our No Risk Rental Program makes it easy to make it happen:
- Unlimited Term Rentals
- No purchase contract
- Private, secure residence with new carpeting and fresh paint
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Individually controlled heating and cooling
- Full outside balcony or patio with a panoramic view of our lushly landscaped campus
- Individual lockable storage
- All utilities except telephone included
- Easily accessible trash chutes
- Property taxes and building insurance included
- Laundry facilities on each floor (washer/dryer hookups are available in some homes.)
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- One daily meal in the fine dining room under the direction of our professional chef
- Full use of a heated salt water exercise pool and fitness center
- Complete interior and exterior maintenance of your apartment home, common buildings and grounds (appliances included)
- Planned social, cultural and recreational activities/full-time activities coordinator
- Priority placement in Assisted Living or The Health Center
- Weekly banking services
- Covered parking
- Regularly scheduled transportation for group activities and events
- Private, chauffeured transportation is also available by appointment
- State-of-the-art fire safety system with central alarm and complete sprinkler system
- 24-hour security service and a medical alert system
- Soda Shop
- Business Center
- Furnished guest apartment available to our out-of-town visitors (for an additional fee)
What are the sizes of the apartments?
- 1 Bedroom – 700 square feet
- 1 Bedroom plus den – 810 square feet
- 1 Bedroom luxury -1500 square feet
- 2 Bedroom – 1100 square feet
- 2 Bedroom luxury – 1500 square feet
What are the dimensions of the storage unit? 4 feet wide by 6 feet deep by 8 feet tall
What happens when I no longer need or want my apartment? We re-sell your apartment for you and, upon resale, you or your estate get back 90% of your entry fee and 40% of any appreciation in the value of the unit.
Do you dress for dinner? Dress is not formal and jackets are not required for gentlemen, but we do ask that shorts and jeans not be worn in the dining room. (Most men are in a coat and tie at the Sunday buffet following church, however.)
What are the hours of the dining room? We are open for lunch from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm and for dinner from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Our soda shop is open for light lunches weekdays from 11:00 am to 1:00 p.m.
How many meals are served at AdamsPlace Residential Living? Residents choose ONE meal a day in the dining room – either lunch or dinner. Soda Shop charges are extra, but nominal ($3.50-4.00 for a sandwich and beverages), and can be put on the resident’s monthly statement. Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen.
What about newspaper delivery? Our security personnel will deliver to your door the newspaper you subscribe to; we also help you with heavy packages.
What about privacy? Once you enter your apartment, you are in your home. People do not “drop by” without calling first. You may go days without seeing your neighbor! You can participate in as many (or as few) activities as you choose, but you may enjoy mealtime companionship without assigned seating. The apartments are quite soundproof; you just don’t hear your neighbor.
May I choose my own paint colors? You may customize your apartment any way you wish. If you are building bookcases or moving walls, you will need to submit drawings and the name of the contractor for approval. If you wish to change paint colors, just provide us the paint and our maintenance staff will paint it for you.
How many apartments are there? There are a total of 89 apartments. We do have a waiting list available if the floor plan you are looking for is not currently available.
How far is AdamsPlace from the Nashville airport? About a 45 minute ride. (There is a local shuttle service that can take you back and forth to the airport for a set charge.)
What is the charge for the guestrooms? Both of our guestrooms are $70 per night, with a four-night maximum. This can be charged to the resident’s monthly statement or paid by check directly by the guest.
What happens if my health deteriorates? AdamsPlace is a continuing care retirement community, which means that Residential Living residents are guaranteed a place in our Assisted Living or Health Center as their needs change. In addition, there are significant discounts and benefits available for people who may need temporary rehab after recovery from illness or surgery.
What about security? Our building is locked at night and staffed 24 hours a day. Residents who happen to be out “after hours” can easily gain entrance by ringing a doorbell connected to the front desk. An emergency response system is also located at the front desk for residents who may experience a health emergency during the night. Intangible security is derived from the fact that other residents and staff members look out for each other in many small ways.