Numerous studies show that listening to music can be remarkably beneficial for elders with cognitive and physical challenges. We have discovered that to be the case at AdamsPlace, and are proud to be one of the only few certified health centers in Murfreesboro with a Music & Memory program.
Here are a just a few of the potential positive effects this program will have on the AdamsPlace community:
- Residents are happier, more alert and more social.
- Deepens relationships among staff, residents and family.
- Everyone benefits from a calmer, more supportive social environment.
- Staff members regain valuable time previously lost to behavior management issues.
- There is growing evidence that a personalized music program gives professionals one more tool in their effort to reduce reliance on anti-psychotic medications.
“Music & Memory struck a chord with us, musically and philosophically. These musical favorites tap deep memories not lost to dementia. The music can create moments of time in a patient’s day when they become more actively engaged with our staff, their neighbors and their families.” – Buckley Winfree, Administrator of AdamsPlace.
Learn more about this wonderfully effective program by visiting musicandmemory.org.
Watch the video below and meet Henry, who suffered from dementia for a decade and barely said a word to anyone – until Music & Memory set up a program at his nursing home.