FLOOR TECHNICIAN – NHC HEALTHCARE MURFREESBORO, TN
Full Time with Benefits!
NHC HealthCare Murfreesboro, a 94 bed post-acute 24-hour healthcare center located in quaint downtown Murfreesboro, is looking for a Floor Technician.
- High school graduate or graduate of a technical school.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals. Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment used by department and the care of this equipment.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Are determined by the center and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Requisitions supplies and equipment for use in department activities.
- Keeps records of work performed and costs involved.
- Inspects all equipment and systems regularly for proper functioning and safety.
- Prepares and submits reports as directed by the administrator.
- Able to be on call for emergencies.
- Responsible for the care and use of supplies and maintenance equipment used in performance of duties.
- Regular inspection of property and equipment for compliance with safety regulations.
- Able to cooperate with other partners.
- Maintain the flooring throughout the entire building: daily, quarterly and yearly.
- Maintain and check halls on daily basis for dust mopping. Spot mop when busy with other specific jobs.
- Scrub halls 3-4 times a week with automatic scrubber (vct flooring or laminate).
- Vacuum carpet every day. (If needed in certain area daily)
- Strip, wax and buff vct as needed.
- Carpet will be cleaned by outside company yearly and we will spot clean as needed.
- All utilities will be cleaned with scrubber quarterly, walls cleaned and disinfected and more if needed.
- Responsibility for all trash x 2 daily (A.M. and P.M.)
- Clean trash cans out monthly or as needed in utility rooms.
- Clean all shower rooms with automatic scrubber on monthly basis, to include walls.
- All cubical curtains cleaned at first of year (January) and taken down throughout year as needed. All window drapes cleaned in January taken down and re-hung by floor tech.
- Assists with all loading and unloading of any materials we receive.
- Damp cleans all hall walls quarterly to include baseboards.
- Scrubs all room baths quarterly with automatic scrubber.
- In spring, cleans all windows inside and out.
- Maintains all porches and sidewalks.
- Cleans all doors and glass leading outside of building.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
With full time employment NHC offers health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off and sick leave, a 401K with generous company match and uniforms provided.
If the duties and requirements of this position describe you and your skills, please apply now at nhccarecom/careers.