Full Time Dietary COOK – NHC Anniston
Don’t miss this great opportunity for a FULL TIME COOK to join our team at NHC HealthCare Anniston in Anniston, AL !
NHC offers a competitive compensation package for full time employment including health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, uniforms, paid time off, 401 (k) with generous company match, and more.
The Dietary Cook performs specified duties in order to maintain high standards of quality food preparation, production, service, and portion control, using standardized recipes, for all customers.
- Must have a sincere interest in food service and enjoy working with geriatric and other healthcare patients.
- Must have, or be willing to learn, food preparation and cooking skills.
- Must have knowledge of, or be willing to learn, therapeutic and modified diet information to use in preparing and serving patient trays.
- Must be able to read and interpret standardized recipes for quantity and quality food production.
- Must have knowledge, or be willing to learn, correct sanitation procedures and use these daily.
- Must be willing to perform repetitive tasks daily.
- Must possess and use excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to read and understand labels on chemicals and MSDS sheets and be able to use these products safely and correctly.
- Must be in good mental and physical condition.
- Must work cooperatively and productively with all partners in dietary and in all departments following established policies of the center.
- Must be willing to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, must be at work on time and during scheduled shift.
- May be required to have or obtain a Food Handlers Certificate or Sanitation Course, as required by state regulations.
- Must be able to work under supervision.
The NHC environment is one of encouragement and challenge … innovation and improvement … teamwork and collaboration … and honesty and integrity. All NHC employees are committed as partners, not only to the health of our patients, but to the well-being of the communities we serve.
If you are interested in working for a leader in senior care and share NHC’s values of honesty and integrity, please apply online or find out more about us at www.NHCcare.com