Who are we?
Since 1971, National HealthCare Corporation (NHC) has combined exceptional care with a compassionate focus on patients and their families. Throughout the southeast, our affiliated centers provide rehabilitating care as well as skilled nursing care, homecare, hospice, residential and assisted living services. With over 150 facilities in 10 states, NHC is delivering the highest level of care, pioneering new approaches and celebrating achievements from the commitment that has guided us throughout our 50 years and continues to lead us forward.
What’s the Combined Dietetic Internship / Master of Professional Studies (DI/MPS) Program all about?
NHC’s combined DI/MPS program trains qualified individuals to become generalist dietitians, with an emphasis in geriatric nutrition. Accredited in 1982, the program includes rotations in hospitals and long-term care centers, as well as community experiences. NHC’s dietetic internship faculty believes in providing a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning, as well as challenging academically. In conjunction with the supervised practice rotations, dietetic interns will complete an online master’s in professional studies (MPS) with a concentration in Leadership in Nutrition graduate degree.
Why should you apply?
- Unique job opportunities with NHC available upon graduation in the areas of clinical and food service management in a rapidly growing job market. Over the past five years, approximately 50% of our graduates have chosen to accept jobs with NHC.
- NHC has provided quality dietetic training for 42 years for almost 300 graduates. Over the past five years, 100% of our graduates have passed the RD exam within one year.
- Variety of experiences working with over 30 preceptors in 10+ sites in middle TN.
- Economical program including monthly stipend, economical tuition, liability insurance, meals, textbooks, and travel expenses.
- Master of Professional Studies with a concentration in Leadership in Nutrition degree completed online, in conjunction with the supervised practice portion in 15 months.
- Opportunity to travel including staff relief, pediatric rotation, and state and national convention, as available.
Virtual Open House Dates: Tues, 12/13/22 – 3-4 pm and Tues, 1/10/23 – 3-4 pm
Please contact the director at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating to receive the Zoom link.