Did you know that long-term care is one of the fastest growing areas of health care? Today’s 40 million adults over the age of 65 comprise over 12 percent of the population and are expected to double over the next 15 years. The health care industry needs qualified dietitians with expertise in the field of geriatric nutrition.
What’s the NHC Dietetic Internship Program all about?
NHC’s Dietetic Internship Program trains qualified individuals to become generalist dietitians, with an emphasis in geriatric nutrition. Accredited in 1982, the program includes rotations in hospitals and long-term care centers, as well as community experiences. NHC’s dietetic internship faculty believes in providing a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning, as well as challenging academically.
Why should you apply?
- Unique job opportunities with NHC available upon graduation in the areas of clinical and food service management in a rapidly growing job market. Over the past five years, 50% of our graduates have chosen to accept jobs with NHC.
- NHC has provided quality dietetic training for 35+ years for over 250 graduates. Over the past five years, 97% of our graduates have passed the RD exam on their first attempt and 100% within one year.
- Variety of experiences working with over 35 preceptors in 10+ sites in middle TN.
- Economical program including monthly stipend, low tuition, liability insurance, meals, textbooks, and travel expenses.
- Graduate credit (3 hours required, 3-6 additional hours optional).
- Opportunity to travel including staff relief, consulting, pediatric rotation, and state and national convention.
Dietetic Internship Overview and Curriculum (PDF)
NHC Dietetic Internship Application Form 2021-22 (MS Word document)