Looking for Full-Time and Part-Time. Specific need for weekend (Friday 3pm-8pm shift, Saturday 3pm-8pm shift, Sunday 9:30am-3pm shift).
Demonstrate a commitment to total resident/guest satisfaction through provision of professional table service. Maintain a clean and hygienic work environment whilst ensuring a product of high quality and presentation. Adhere to operational standards and procedures as per NHC.
Dietary Manager I Floor Supervisor
- Must have a sincere interest in food service and enjoy working with geriatric and healthcare patients.
- Must possess and use excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be in good mental and physical condition.
- Must possess the knowledge and skill to perform each side (Assisted Living and Healthcare) in the dining rooms.
- Must work cooperatively and productively with all departments following established policies of NHC.
- Must have thorough knowledge of and be able to explain the dietary menu to NHC residents and guests. Must have thorough knowledge of safety/sanitation, types of diets, and nutrition principles.
- Must be willing to fulfill responsibilities of the position, must be at work on time and during scheduled shift.
- Must be able to be on feet standing or walking during working day and must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and twist as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50-60 pounds on occasional basis, sweep and mop floors, and push/pull carts. Must be able to climb on safety ladders to perform cleaning, storage, and other duties.
- Must be able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity requirements.
- Must possess mental acuity high enough to adequately perform job requirements.
- Must be able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests from patients as well as communicate with other staff. Must be able to communicate well verbally and in vvriting.
- Must be able to visually inspect and smell foods to determine quality and palatability.
- Must be able to read and understand table numbers.
- Must be able to withstand changes of extreme temperatures while working around ranges in kitchens or entering walk-in freezer, etc. In dish room, must be able to work in a noisy room with a warm, moist, and odorous atmosphere.
- Must be alert and work safely and cautiously to avoid cuts and burns while working with kitchen equipment and to avoid falls while working on or near wet and slippery floors.
- Must not have any medical conditions such as brittle diabetes, uncontrolled seizures, etc., which would endanger self or others if such should occur while in the Dietary Department or during patient contact.
- Must have adequate transportation to commute to center for work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(May include, but are not limited to the following:)
- Must demonstrate qualities of being a self-starter and be able to make independent decisions when necessary.
- Has a thorough understanding of all regulations (local, state, and federal) which affect dietary including, but not limited to, patient care, sanitation, labor, fire, safety, and disaster and complies with these regulations.
- Assists in maintaining the dietary department in a safe, secure, and sanitary manner and reports any problems to a Supervisor or Dietary Manager.
- Uses good judgment in conserving supplies, preventing food waste, and conserving utilities. Reports any food, supply, and equipment needs or concerns to a Supervisor or Dietary Manager.
- Dates, labels, and stores items properly. Uses proper food handling techniques.
- Reviews menus, therapeutic menus, and serves all diets properly, and accurately.
- Responsible for serving proper foods with proper diets and making adjustments if needed.
- Responsible for timely service of meals and ensures that all meals are served correctly.
- Attends in-service and other necessary training.
- Keeps work area clean and uncluttered, and completes assigned cleaning duties. Responsible for the proper use, care, cleanliness, and sanitation of wait station and equipment.
- Communicates and cooperate with the staff, patients, and their families.
- Although these are standard daily tasks there will on occasion be times when your duties will differ from those on your job description .
- Performs other tasks as necessary and appropriate.