Part Time Position available for working weekends Are you tired of working long shifts at the Hospital or other facility? Looking for something different and exciting? Come join our flexible, growing Family at NHC Homecare.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides skilled nursing services under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
Line of Authority:
Registered Nurse, Director of Nursing, Administrator/Director of Services; Regional Administrator; Director of Clinical Services, Vice President, HomeCare
- Licensed Practical Nurse in the state where HomeCare agency is located
- Graduate of a state approved vocational education program
- One year clinical experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, learn, absorb, and follow written orders and keep records in prescribed manner.
- Ability to be reaching, bending, squatting and twisting numerous times daily.
- Ability to lift 70-80 pounds on occasional basis.
- Ability to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual requests from patients.
- Ability to speak in clear, concise voice in order to communicate adequately.
- Ability to carry out fine motor skills with manual dexterity.
- Able to perform routine nursing procedures.
- Mental acuity high enough to adequately perform job requirements.
- Must have reliable personal transportation and be able to drive in inclement weather and variable road conditions.
- Provides skilled nursing services as dictated by the plan of care and documents according to policy/procedures.
- Instructs the patient/caregiver in various aspects of patient care and disease management. Documents the patients/caregivers comprehension of and compliance with teaching.
- Observes patient response to care/teaching and makes recommendations regarding revision of plan for patient care to the Registered Nurse.
- Provides and documents skilled nursing care according to the plan of care/physicians orders, policies/procedures and standards of care.
- Records and reports to the Registered Nurse symptoms, vital signs and other observations that may be indicative of care plan reactions and changes.
- Follows and teaches infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in on-going care coordination and maintains positive relationships with referral sources, physicians/other clinicians, patients/families, and other partners.
- Participates with other nurses in taking weekend, night and holiday calls on a rotating basis, under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Continually strives to improve nursing care through participation in inservice activities, staff development activities and continuing learning.
- Serves on committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the RN / DON