Recreation Assistant – Healthcare
Full-Time, Day Shift (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.), Rotating Weekends
Position Summary: This position is responsible for planning, supervising and maintaining recreation programs for patients.
Experience: 1- 2 years of experience working with geriatric patients in an activity role preferred.
Education: High School Degree or GED required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy or other related fields preferred.
Certifications: Certified by NCCAP as an Activity Professional Certified (APC), Activity Director Certified (ADC), or Activity Consultant Certified (ACC) preferred.
About NHC Place Farragut: NHC Place, Farragut, an affiliate of National HealthCare Corporation (NHC) and East Tennessee’s premier assisted living, Memory Care, and rehabilitation center, represents senior living at its finest. Our multi-dimensional facility offers luxury healthcare in a state-of-the-art center. The environment is elegant, yet friendly and comfortable. The staff is courteous, professional and attentive. NHC Place, Farragut, LLC is committed to providing quality care according to the activity level and health needs of each individual resident.
NHC Farragut is located at 120 Cavette Hill Lane, Knoxville, TN 37934
This position is responsible for assisting the Recreation Department with planning, implementing programs and interventions for the patients and completing duties assigned by the Department Supervisor.
- High school degree or GED
- Ability to work with elderly patients/residents
- Genuine enthusiasm
- A self motivated, creative and “positive” personality
- Willingness to learn new ideas and skills
- A sense of humor; ability to laugh at success and failure
- Ability to work with partners, family members, and community
- Possess patience, good organizational skills, assertiveness and be conscientious
- Present a professional appearance
- Be flexible in working hours so that weekend or evening programs will be provided
- Able to lift 60 to 70 pounds occasionally
- Able to be on feet for 2-5 hours daily
- Be able to move throughout center without assistance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respectful and supportive to supervisor
- Assist and support the Recreation Director in assessing each patient to determine their activity interests and needs.
- Assist and support the Recreation Director in providing therapeutic programs which meet each patient’s “individual” needs.
- Assist in providing activities which meet the physical, social, mental, emotional, and/or spiritual needs of each patient while providing an atmosphere of “fun” and enjoyment.” This includes the “INDIVIDUALIZED 1 TO 1 PROGRAMS.”
- Assist and support good public relations with the community and with other partners, patients and families.
- Be aware of NHC Standards and abide by the 20 Better Way Promises.
- Be aware of and follow HIPAA regulations.
- Be aware of and abide by weekly work schedule; be prepared and prompt.
- Be aware of and follow all State and Federal guidelines.
- Assist in and support the center newsletter and fundraising projects.
- Attend and support any in-services and partner meetings as required.
- Be aware, support and follow all State, Federal, Company and Center Requirements, Policies and Procedures.