This position performs as liaison in the initial contact of office personnel with the public in an effective, courteous and confidential manner. Performs secretarial functions as designated.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to type at least 45 words per minute with accuracy.
- Pleasant and helpful personality both in person and via the telephone.
- Proficiency in standard English.
- Have the ability to speak, read, write, hear/comprehend in order to communicate adequately to complete job duties and responsibilities.
- Able to carry out fine motor skills and manual dexterity.
- Ability to sit for 7 hours a day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Are determined by the center and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Answer telephone in a pleasant clear voice, using proper English. Screen or transfer calls, taking and delivering messages when appropriate.
- Type correspondence as approved by Administrator, to include but not limited to, minutes of meetings and center newsletter.
- Complete and assemble admission package.
- Receipt all monies for the General Account and the Patient Trust Fund Account in their respective receipt books.
- Sell meal tickets to employees and visitors, keeping control and account of all monies.
- Make petty cash disbursements from Patient Trust Fund, keeping accurate records of each transaction.
- File various documents.
- Sort, open and date mail at Administrator’s discretion.
- Make disbursement from the general petty cash fund.
- Dispense paychecks in sealed envelopes.
- Handle employee insurance claim forms, workers’ compensation forms, and incident reports under the direction of the Administrator.
- Understand and follow Company and Center policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
PRN (as needed) position to cover various shifts