The position is responsible for sorting out dirty laundry, loading and unloading washing machine and dryer and folding center linens.
Laundry Supervisor, Housekeeping Supervisor
- Must be able to read Standard English.
- Must be able to operate standard and commercial laundry machinery.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions.
- Able to pull and push wet laundry (50 – 75 pounds) from washing machine.
- Able to be on feet 7 – 8 hours per day.
- Able to stoop, kneel, and bend.
- Able to see, hear and communicate adequately to complete job duties and responsibilities.
- Able to lift 30 – 40 pounds frequently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Are determined by the center and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Report to laundry at the assigned time and gather dirty laundry as instructed.
- Load washers with dirty linens and prepare linen for morning change.
- Keep dirty linen separate from clean linen at all times.
- Check water temperature of each washing machine to be sure it is at least 150°.
- Clean all lint traps in accordance with center policy or at least once per shift.
- Check levels of laundry detergents, softeners and bleach according to center policy.
- Keep floors, walls and equipment are kept clean.
- Remove clean laundry from washer and load dryer, making sure that clean laundry does not touch the floor.
- Operate washing machines and dryers are operated in accordance with manufacturer’s and center’s policy and procedures.
- Removed dry clothes from dryer, fold and store in accordance with center policy.
- Inform supervisor of any problems with equipment so that repairs can be made.
- Shut down all equipment in laundry in accordance with center policy when fire alarm sounds.
- Other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Be familiar with and follow all federal, state and center policies and procedures.
- Work safely, following proper procedures when using chemical agents.